Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 107

Thread: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

  1. #41
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    At the time these videos were posted there had been 3 games... at LEAST 2 games he recorded was JIB Vs. (Whoever) you can't quite say hes recording "basically every team around here" Because the Majority of his filming Burton was involved in.. maybe he really wanted to record abingdon and it just happened to be burton was the team they played that week...is he dying to flim PV now and be heading to burton again? Like I said I see how this can be harmless and just something to do in your spare time... sure... but posting it for everyone to watch isn't right. you guys have to see how this can be hurtful in even the slightest ways to the Burton Program and down the road games.

    Its easy to sit and judge from the other side of the looking glass.. when its you being staired at I think people would understand it better.. perhaps its time to make people UNDERSTAND. How bad would it be if I happened to record a TRICK play (Anyone) happened to use just once in the season and that team ended up going to state and NEEDED that play that havn't used and their opponenets shouldn't have seen it? They try it and good ole YOU TUBE video they were already prepaired for it and you LOSE? And nobody say you shouldn't rely on one play.. because yes we know this but the botton line is YOU MAY HAVE TO and if one of your tricks up your sleeve has been taken away that is HURTFUL to your program which is the point that the Burton Program is trying to make.
    You came back on here to whine like a little girl about a guy posting less than 20 minutes of game film. What a weak excuse. GTFO

    So your reasoning is that Burton MIGHT run a trick play, and it MIGHT get posted, and a team MIGHT see it, and Burton MIGHT play same team later, and Burton MIGHT want to run that play again, and the opposing team MIGHT stop it.

    Give me a break, how ridiculous is that. That's being petty.

    That is quite possibly the stupidest reasoning I have ever heard.

    Chubz should have to stop posting ALL the games because he MIGHT record a trick play from Burton that another team could scout.

    Like a team would scheme specifically to stop a trick play anyway. What are the chances of a team running the same trick play in the same situation again?


    lulz to the max

    my point is there are tons of other, much better reasons why Chubz might get in a mess for posting those videos than saying Burton might run a trick play and a team might be able to scout it. That's ridiculous.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #42
    Inactive Member Skeletor's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2009
    Posts
    207
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    You came back on here to whine like a little girl about a guy posting less than 20 minutes of game film. What a weak excuse. GTFO

    So your reasoning is that Burton MIGHT run a trick play, and it MIGHT get posted, and a team MIGHT see it, and Burton MIGHT play same team later, and Burton MIGHT want to run that play again, and the opposing team MIGHT stop it.

    Give me a break, how ridiculous is that. That's being petty.

    That is quite possibly the stupidest reasoning I have ever heard.

    Chubz should have to stop posting ALL the games because he MIGHT record a trick play from Burton that another team could scout.

    Like a team would scheme specifically to stop a trick play anyway. What are the chances of a team running the same trick play in the same situation again?


    lulz to the max

    my point is there are tons of other, much better reasons why Chubz might get in a mess for posting those videos than saying Burton might run a trick play and a team might be able to scout it. That's ridiculous.
    Are you retarded? Can you read? Did you read? I suggest you read what I said before you skim through and act like an idiot. The Trick play was an EXAMPLE. "What If someone like me flimed A team and it came back and bit them in the ass. Not another team recording Burton.

    Click here if you are having trouble understanding <--- Maybe this will help you not sure if its above your reading level or not.

    Learn to read & comprehend. Anything a team does, (Example) <---just in case you forgot Trick plays, normal plays ANY PLAYS... all of that can be flimed and used against any team. The reasons you find this acceptable to flim and put it online is? I see you hop in here and say retarded **** like "lulz to the max" not even reading what you are replying to.

    Take time put your crayons down, and READ and think about what is being said... thats all you have to do. Think and try to type a serious REASON you find its acceptable for ANYONE to break the rules. When you do that, and if you are stupid enough to post said reason, then come check back with me, I'll fit time in my schedule so I can School you in the Forum Trolling department.








    t(''t)

  3. #43
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    Chubz isn't breaking any rules as far as I know, as a Burton fan, I am completely behind him. We really should stop whining and be flattered someone thinks we're one of the better teams worthy of someone interested in watching - even if we weren't at the game. If we lose a game, if we lose at state again, I guarantee him posting anything won't have one single thing to do with it. Chubz loves football and likes filming it, plus he does a great job. There's not plot against them, he actually likes watching them play and puts it online for people who didn't get to see the game perhaps(like me with the abingdon game, I didn't get to catch it and now I can't even watch his vid because of some petty complaints). I hope he does continue, he has every right to.

  4. #44
    Inactive Member Skeletor's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2009
    Posts
    207
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    Wow, Skeletor, you're exactly right. I'm on a sabotage mission to destroy Burton. Hence the reason I drove several hours to support them at the Altavista state title game last season. Hence the reason I was one of those who created outcry videos protesting the call made during the 2006 state title game versus Riverheads by providing video footage showing that Ethan Stewart was clearly not demonstrating anything that would warrant an excessive celebration penalty.

    I film Burton often because they're one of the better teams this area has, and I usually make it a point to attend the best games in the area. (Gate City--Richlands, as Lung pointed out, being a prime example.) I try to film most of the teams in this area and often make an effort to attend the best games being played that night unless reasons such as driving distance rear their ugly heads since I have to work on Fridays and don't get off work until later in the evenings. And yes, this Friday the Powell Valley--Burton game is looking like one of the better ones to go watch. Why not? We get to see if Burton is all they're cracked up to be and it will be a great test for Powell Valley coming from two beatdowns coming from monster teams. I've not seen Powell Valley play this year, either, and I've been wanting to watch them. Clintwood--Lebanon was another prime candidate, because I've been wanting to see Clintwood play. It worries me how poorly Lebanon performed against Powell Valley and Gate City, though, so that's why I'm starting to have more interest in the Powell Valley--Burton match-up, which will tell us a lot about both teams. Had Lebanon performed better in those two games, I guarantee you I would go watch that one in a heartbeat because I want to see Clintwood play the best teams on their schedule so that they're pushed to their limits. (And who knows, maybe I'm wrong and Lebanon will give them a better game than I expect.)

    The fact is, you can twist and turn it all you want, but I simply love watching football in the area. Last night I was at the Coeburn--Kelly game, for example, because it was a good test to see what Coeburn has this year amidst the hype (not much) and to see how Kelly would fare against a team trying hard to gain momentum and turn around the program. I didn't care that Burton wasn't playing, because I like watching teams play other than Burton, too. Here is a list of the games I hosted on my YouTube channel that did not involve Burton:
    (2007) Lebanon at Powell Valley
    (2008) Richlands at Gate City
    (2008) Kelly at Coeburn
    (2008) Gate City at Clintwood
    (2008) Powell Valley at Lebanon
    (2008) St. Paul at Appalachia
    (2008) Gate City vs Lebanon (Playoffs)
    (2008) Clintwood vs Franklin (State title)
    (2008) Gretna vs Floyd County (State title)
    (2009) Gate City at Lebanon
    (2009) Sullivan South at Gate City
    (2010) Richlands at Gate City

    Those are a hell of a lot of videos that have zilch to do with Burton, and I spent plenty time and effort on each and every one of them - just as much effort as I spent on my Burton games. Need I say more?
    I said nothing there about you being on any kind of "mission" Had you not filmed Burton 2 out of the first 3 games and post them on youtube? at time of posting the Abingdon vs Burton game? If Im mistaken I apologize. Im posting facts and stuff that can come out of said facts... im not accusing you of any type of Sabotage vs J.I. Burton But what you are doing could unknowingly give Upstate competition (if Burton makes it that far) an advantage seeing more game film vs the team they are about to play.. Period .. why do people have a hard time seeing that? I guess People upstate don't have the internet, and are unable to go to YOUTUBE?

    I am not SAYING anything you have filmed HAS or WILL cause any type of Grief for J.I. Burton... HOWEVER what I am SAYING is it COULD. If you disagree you (and not you as in "you chubz") you as in anyone who disagrees this COULD be hurtful to Burton if their season continues into the state playoffs is simply retarded. Period.


    I'll be at PV this week filming their practice and giving it to Clintwood and JIB Since Video can't be used as a scouting tool.... Thats what it sounds like some of you idiots are saying... Im not giving it to them to SCOUT tho! Im giving it to them so they can see .... the Grass and Trees near the PV practice area... I'll only record 20 minutes a day... nothing ANYONE COULD USE.

  5. #45
    Inactive Member Skeletor's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2009
    Posts
    207
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    300-16-5 Spectator Videotaping/Filming
    ? Spectators must receive permission from the tournament
    director for any live action taken of athletic events other than snapshots. If permission
    is granted for spectators to film the entire event or take clips, it is to be with the understanding
    the tape/film may not be sold, leased, borrowed, or rented for commercial purposes. The tournament
    manager should not permit spectators to interfere with the view of other spectators or
    news media personnel covering the activity, and if there is any question as to the purposes of
    filming or taping, the request should be denied by the local tournament management.

    Posted Earlier by Counts.

  6. #46
    Inactive Member TheSkulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2007
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    Look as stated by numerous people, Chubz does a good job, all Chubz is gotta do is call each school and get permission, if they say yes, tape the **** out of it. If they say no, don't tape it, simple as that.

    If you really enjoy it so much Chubz just make a phone call and end the drama. This board sounds like a bunch of 4th graders who got their ball taken away during play time.
    [img]http://www.mitchkuzma.com/images/Volquest/EricBerry/EricBerryHeisman300W.jpg[/img]

  7. #47
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkulls View Post
    Look as stated by numerous people, Chubz does a good job, all Chubz is gotta do is call each school and get permission, if they say yes, tape the **** out of it. If they say no, don't tape it, simple as that.

    If you really enjoy it so much Chubz just make a phone call and end the drama. This board sounds like a bunch of 4th graders who got their ball taken away during play time.
    The problem is, I often don't have the time or desire to call up each school before a game and check to see if it's OK to film. I think it's silly enough I would have to do it to begin with, so I don't see myself taking it that far unless I badly needed to show the footage.

  8. #48
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    The problem is, I often don't have the time or desire to call up each school before a game and check to see if it's OK to film. I think it's silly enough I would have to do it to begin with, so I don't see myself taking it that far unless I badly needed to show the footage.
    Just once before the season starts, you wouldn't have to do it everygame I wouldn't think
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  9. #49
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    I said nothing there about you being on any kind of "mission" Had you not filmed Burton 2 out of the first 3 games and post them on youtube? at time of posting the Abingdon vs Burton game? If Im mistaken I apologize. Im posting facts and stuff that can come out of said facts... im not accusing you of any type of Sabotage vs J.I. Burton But what you are doing could unknowingly give Upstate competition (if Burton makes it that far) an advantage seeing more game film vs the team they are about to play.. Period .. why do people have a hard time seeing that? I guess People upstate don't have the internet, and are unable to go to YOUTUBE?
    What you're saying makes sense, I just took it the wrong way the first time as I thought I might have. It seemed as if you were pointing fingers at me, saying I'm purposely filming Burton the majority of the time just so that those in different areas of the state will have an easier time watching game film on them, and that's absolutely absurd so I reacted accordingly.

  10. #50
    Inactive Member joe morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2009
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    300-16-5 Spectator Videotaping/Filming
    ? Spectators must receive permission from the tournament
    director for any live action taken of athletic events other than snapshots. If permission
    is granted for spectators to film the entire event or take clips, it is to be with the understanding
    the tape/film may not be sold, leased, borrowed, or rented for commercial purposes. The tournament
    manager should not permit spectators to interfere with the view of other spectators or
    news media personnel covering the activity, and if there is any question as to the purposes of
    filming or taping, the request should be denied by the local tournament management.

    Posted Earlier by Counts.
    This is not a tournament.

    Most people could care less about whether Burton wins or not, in fact very few people pull for them when they make the play-offs.

    Sounds like they are looking for someone to blame since they can't win the big one. Remember when you are pointing a your finger at someone else, there are 3 of your fingers that are pointing back at you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •